Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Those days where your arms swing too much

You know those times where you walk down the street and you think to yourself that you're getting away with it. That you have managed to somehow fool the world into thinking you're a normal everyday person - that they have no way of telling just by looking at you that you aren't wearing underwear or that you have conversations with your food as you eat it.

'I am totally blending in here!' you think, somewhat smugly.

Then you see your reflection and you're like

'Oh my god. I am wearing double glasses and my hair is at a 90 degree angle from my head for some reason and WHY ARE MY ARMS SWINGING LIKE THAT? Is that normal?'
 
And then you stare at everyone's arms while you continue walking to the chemist and you get it into your head it's a good idea to try and normalise your arm swing because in this moment there isn't anything you can do about your hair or the fact that you're wearing two pairs of glasses at once.

So you try and shorten the swing of your arms and learn that your arms are somehow inexplicably joined to your legs and if you stop swinging your arms as much you fall over. Then you imagine that everyone thinks you're drunk so you start doing the big toothy smile at everyone and when you finally get into the chemist you proclaim in a shrill voice 'I am Natalija and I need 4 pages certified please.'

You stare at the startled chemist through your double glasses in horror wondering why on earth you just declared your name and merely nod when she gives you back your now signed papers.

That was my day so far. I am now at home, back in my pajamas wondering why my washing machine is a homicidal maniac and trying to will myself to do some cleaning.

I hope I answered your question Chris:

 
 In hindsight I guess I could've answered that with: because some days I am too stuck in my head my friend.

Love N x