Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Trying to be a better girlfriend, the binary system and mustard.

Fabian was sick with the flu last week and because I am a very loving girlfriend I created him the 4th meal I have ever prepared him. If you are shocked, you fall under the category of people who have never seen me in a kitchen.

Usually as soon as I step foot into a kitchen I start sweating and panicing and always manage to get mayonnaise in my eye which is actually amazing because I don't even eat mayonnaise so am never even sure what I'm meant to use it on (though I've decided it's probably not my eye).

As I carried the sausages, pickles and bread upstairs I balanced some mustard on the edge of the plate and triumphantly let out a 'Yes!' when I made it upstairs without dropping anything.

Fabian was in the midst of thanking me profusely, fair enough, when the entire lid of the mustard flew off getting stinky yellow condiment all over the couch and his dinner. Now because I have problems respecting food, belongings, and mustard, I laughed a lot while Fabian blamed me for not putting the lid on the mustard properly.

When I pointed out that I eat mustard once in a blue moon and it couldn't have been me he continued to demand that it was me because apparently I have a problem putting lids on things. This was news to me and I vehemently denied it and have been completely shocked when time and time again since the fateful mustard event he has been able to point out all the things on which I haven't put the lid on properly.

Apparently, half on isn't on.

'It's a binary system Natalija. 0 or 1. Off or on. You can't .5 the binary system. It doesn't work like that.'

Damn it. 

Fabian: 1, Natalija: 0.

Love,

Nani